The "Devices" section allows a user to easily view all of the devices they have in the system, access specific device records, as well as add new devices.
To add, access, or update any devices in the UptimeHealth platform, you select "Devices" on the left-hand menu.
After selecting the Devices section, you will see a list of all the devices in your system in a table view. You will also see the following default columns for each device:
- Photo - if you have added a photo to your device, this will display that photo thumbnail
- Category - the general category type the device belongs to
- Make - the manufacturer or brand of the device
- Model - the model of the device
- Last Date - the last date the device was serviced or repaired
- Assigned User - the user assigned to the device
- Due Date - if the device requires periodic service/maintenance, the next date that maintenance event is due by
- Device Use - is the device currently active or inactive in the system
Features of Devices Section
There are several actions you can in the Devices section. We have described these features in general below. You can learn more about each specific feature by clicking on the article links.
- Service Frequencies - there is a button in the top section that allows you to add, edit, and update the service frequencies you assign to equipment (read more about the Service Frequency feature here).
- Bulk Upload - upload a large number of devices using a .csv template (read more about Bulk Uploads here).
- Export Device List - export a list of your devices into a .csv file (read more about Exporting a Devices List here).
- Add New Device - add a new device to your system (read more about Adding a New Device here).
- Editing Device Table View - edit the columns that are displayed and the order of those columns using the gear icon (read more about Editing the table view for devices here).
- Advanced Filtering - filter for a list of specific devices using the filtering icon (read more about Advanced Filtering here).
- Access Device Records - go into a specific device record to review details of that device by clicking on the Asset ID (read more about Device Records here).
Device Quick Actions
Lastly, from the Devices section, you also have the ability to take some quick device-specific actions using the "Action Button" (three vertical dots) found at the far right-hand side of the screen.
To take advantage of quick-actions:
- Identify the device that you would like to perform a quick action on.
- Select the Action Button.
- You will then be prompted with a pop-up window with the following item:
- View - go-to device record (learn more about the Device Record here).
- Edit - edit the information within the device record (learn more about editing a Device Record here).
- Request Repair - request a repair or service event for the specific device (learn more about Requesting a Repair here).
- Report Repair - report a repair or service even on a for the specific device (learn more about Reporting a Repair here).
- Once you have selected the action you wish to take, you will be redirected to the appropriate screen.