The "Devices" section allows a user to easily view all of the devices they have on the platform, access specific device records, as well as add new devices.
To add, access, or update any devices in the UptimeController, select "Devices" on the left-hand menu.
After selecting the Devices section, you will see a list of all the devices on your platform in a table view. You will also see the following default columns for each device:
- Photo - if you have added a photo to your device, this will display that photo thumbnail
- ID - the specific asset ID you have assigned to the device
- Make - the manufacturer or brand of the device
- Category - the general category type the device belongs to
- Model - the model of the device
- Last Date - the last date the device was serviced or inspected
- Assigned User - the user assigned to the device
- Due Date - if the device requires periodic service/maintenance, the next date that maintenance event is due by
- Device Use - is the device currently active or inactive in the system
Features of Devices Section
There are several actions you can take in the Devices section by clicking on the three dots in the upper right hand corner.
Below we have listed descriptions for each feature. You can learn more about each specific feature by clicking on the article links.
- Service Frequencies - there is a button in the drop down menu accessed by clicking the three dots in the upper right hand corner that allows you to add, edit, and update the service frequencies you assign to equipment (read more about the Service Frequency feature here).
- Bulk Upload Devices - upload a large number of devices using a .csv template
- Export Device List - export a list of your devices into a .csv file (read more about Exporting a Devices List here).
- Export WO History - export a list of work orders for all devices
- Export Task History - export a list of tasks assigned to a device
- Add New Device - add a new device to your system (read more about Adding a New Device here).
- Editing Device Table View - edit the columns that are displayed and the order of those columns using the gear icon
- Advanced Filtering - filter for a list of specific devices using the filtering icon (read more about Advanced Filtering here).
- Access Device Records - go into a specific device record to review details of that device by clicking on the Asset ID (read more about Device Records here).
Device Quick Actions
Lastly, from the Devices section, you also have the ability to take some quick device-specific actions using the "Action Button" (three vertical dots) found at the far right-hand side of the screen.
To take advantage of quick-actions:
- Identify the device that you would like to perform a quick action on.
- Select the Action Button.
- You will then be prompted with a pop-up window with the following items:
- View - go-to device record (learn more about the Device Record here).
- Edit - edit the information within the device record (learn more about editing a Device Record here).
- Report Repair - report a repair or preventative maintenance on a specific device
- Create Job - request a repair or preventative maintenance on a specific device (learn more about Requesting a Repair here).